Thursday, June 26, 2014

One man's trash is another man's treasure

Guess what I found at the recycle collection area at my apartment just now. I was searching for a used oven since a year ago. Believe it or not, is still working perfectly. Guess what I'm planning to do with this oven?


To bake cake...Nope. But if you guess as a reflow oven...you're right! What is a reflow oven? Generally is an oven for reflow soldering of electronic components onto the printed circuit board (PCB). It will be useful for producing a lot of PCBs with SMT components.

Some modifications will be required before I can use as a reflow oven. I will build a controller board that will measure the temperature and control the heating element following a predefined profile temperature. Another exciting project coming up!


Proposed basic block diagram of the controller for reflow oven

No comments:

Post a Comment